DITA

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Dita de Leon Clubplanet.com Interview

The Dita de Leon Interview
October 16, 2006
http://www.clubplanet.com/news/archive/the_dita_de_leon_interview.asp
By -Diana Kost

Somewhere in between being a Go-Go Dancer, Playboy TV model, and co-star to Paris Hilton in Bottom's Up, Dita de Leon managed to get her business degrees. But I’m sure you don’t care about that. I bet you find it far more interesting that she was front and center of the Brad and Angelina affair and that she shared a Jacuzzi with Matthew Modine in Any Given Sunday. Jealous yet? You should be.
At 26, this Puerto Rican triple threat has no intentions of slowing down. With acting gigs being offered left and right and a new jewelry and clothing line, Dita is on the fast track to becoming Hollywood’s next big star.
You can catch her in the soon-to-be released The Boys & Girls Guide to Getting Down and Senior Skip Day with Norm McDonald, Tara Reid and Clint Howard. If you just can’t wait for that, you can just read on and occasionally glance at the hot pictures strategically placed on the page. Go on. We won’t judge.
CP: You started as a dancer in New York City. That must have been wild.
Dita de Leon: When I was in high school and a little bit of college, I was a club dancer. I danced in Miami and Manhattan.
Does that mean you partied a lot, too?
DL: I went to all of the clubs. I went to Limelight, Redzone and Tunnel. I went to China Club a lot, too. You name it, I partied in it!
I bet you never had any trouble getting in.
DL: I remember the set up of having to get in. There are a lot of parties in the city where you actually have to stand outside of the line and have to get picked by the doorman.
Not much has changed.
DL: I thought that was so awesome! It’s a whole game of getting the right look and showing up with the right crowd. The whole style of standing outside and them picking you is very New York.
I bet your dancing experience helped you out when you were a salsa dancer in Mr. and Mrs. Smith
DL: Dancing has always been something that I’ve done. Although, I would never compare myself to any of the top dancers.
Angelina Jolie was pretty hot in Mr. and Mrs. Smith…
DL: Angelina was really nice. We didn’t get to talk because I didn’t really want to bother her. But she would wave and say hi.
You know there have been rumors that she and Brad Pitt hooked up on set. Any truth to that?
DL: I was only on the set for three days. The scene actually called for them to be touchy touchy. So there was a lot of touching and bumping and grinding. It’s hard to tell where acting stopped and reality began!
Well, they are two of the hottest people in the world.
DL: They definitely had a lot of chemistry. It was so hot in that scene and I’m like three inches away from them. I can tell you, it was hot. And Brad Pitt kept grabbing her behind. I don’t know if that was for the scene but it was definitely happening!
Did you stalk her? I would stalk her.
DL: I was petrified to talk to her because she’s one of the best actresses in the world. I didn’t want to ruin that. I didn’t want to say something and have her not be happy with me. I’d have to live with that for the rest of my life. She’s a big role model for me.
Did you talk to Paris Hilton on the set of Bottom's Up?
DL: I thought she was absolutely fabulous. She was one of the nicest people that I’ve worked with.
So there’s no truth to the rumors? Shucks...
DL: A lot of people want to knock her but she was so prepared. She’s also very funny.
What about Matthew Modine? You shared a Jacuzzi with him in Any Given Sunday.
DL: I had no experience being on a Hollywood set. It was crazy for me. I got cast for a little part and before I knew it I was in a scene with Matthew Modine in a Jacuzzi and I had a few lines. It was great. Unfortunately it was cut so you’ll never see it unless Oliver Stone digs it out of the cutting room floor!
And you worked for Playboy TV…
DL: I started working with Playboy as a model for Playboy TV. We did a couple of TV shows where I’m one of the models by the pool or one of the models playing a game topless. I didn’t do anything more than fun, playful and topless.
That’s so hot. And it’s funny because you’re always playing the hot girl yet you have a business degree. How do you feel about that?
DL: When you begin, you have to go to the type that’s more obvious. You go for the roles that will get you the job. Ultimately you want to work. If that’s the starting block, you take what you’re going to get.
So, do you have a favorite actor?
DL: I have a favorite southern actor.
Is it Matthew McConaughey? Because he is super delicious.
DL: Oh my God, is he not hot? I saw him at the Golden Globes and he was two tables away from me and he was with Penelope. When he walked past me, I was like “oh, Jesus.”
I think you’d make a wonderful couple. Will you invite me the wedding?
DL: He totally hangs out in Malibu. Maybe I should just go hang out in Malibu.
I would.
DL: Okay, it’s official. Dita and Matthew McConaughey are a match. Matthew, te quiero!
Does that mean you don’t have a boyfriend?
DL: I’m actually so busy I don’t think I can have a boyfriend. Boyfriends take a lot of time and dedication.
Dita, the world wants you. How can they have you?
DL: My calendar is coming out soon and there will be very sexy, sexy pictures!
Oh, Dita. Absence does make the heart grow fonder.
You can rent Bottom's Up today. To purchase Dita’s new calendar, clothing or jewelry, please visit Dita’s official website, DitaDeLeon.Com. The photo gallery isn’t too shabby, either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home